5 Sports You Never Knew Existed posted by Ben
Here are 5 very bizarre, very real sports. The first two you've probably heard of, as they are Olympic sports. And some of these, you've probably actually played. Like this one:
5. Table Tennis: Also known as ping-pong, this sport is a Chinese tradition, and was introduced to the Olympics in summer of 2008. As you can probably guess, the Chinese won the gold in the event.
4. Field Hockey: Also an Olympic sport, field hockey is played on a soccer field. Like ice hockey, the players hold a stick, but attempt to hit a small, hard ball, into the net. The game is played with little, if any, face protection. Thus, many teeth are lost, just like in ice hockey.
3. Gaming: You know, like video games. Major League Gaming(MLG) holds championships to see who is/are the best player(s) in the video games of Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Gears of War 2, and Rainbow 6 Vegas 2. Looks like you don't need to have a life to make a decent living after all.
2. Rock/Paper/Scissors: No joke! This is a real sport, with real championships in which the winner walks away with $10,000. The championships are televised on ESPN2. This is usually a game that decides who gets the ball first in a game of backyard football. Not a sport in which somebody should walk away with 10 grand.
1. Cup Stacking: Again, no joke. This is actually a real sport. In fact, some people are actually calling it the "Next Big Sport". I'm sorry, but I don't see myself sitting around watching a bunch of guys stack cups sky-high as fast as they can. However, this sport also has championships in which the players walk away with a boat-load of money. It sure makes you wonder why some people have to "work" for a living, while others can make a living off playing outrageous sports.Continue reading "5 Sports You Never Knew Existed"